$4 Movie Day for 2023 “National Cinema Day” (Aug. 27)
It’s time for the second annual National Cinema Day. On August 27, 2023, celebrate National Cinema Day with $4 movies (plus tax) all day long. – even on specialty screens like IMAX, 4D, ScreenX, RPX, and theaters with fancy schmancy lounge seating.
You can even see Oppenheimer at one of the country’s few 70MM IMAX theaters at SF’s Metreon for just $4. We checked on Monday morning (10:01am) and there were still plenty of seats available
Whether you’re in the mood for a fun movie with your kids or a scary movie with a friend, 2D or 3D, a classic or the newest blockbuster, it’s all $4. (Last year in 2022 it was just $3)
Try a Local Indie Theater – $4 Movies on Saturday, Aug. 27, 2023!
We’ll update this for 2023 asap!
Confirmed $4 Tickets for 2023
- Alamo Drafthouse in SF (2550 Mission St.) – $4 movie tickets – Confirmed for 2024
- West Wind Drive-In Theaters in Concord + San Jose – $4 movie tickets – Confirmed for 2023
Unconfirmed for 2023
- Presidio Theatre in SF (2340 Chestnut) no $4 screenings yet for 2023 (but they did participate in 2022)
- Balboa Theatre in SF (Balboa at 38th) no $4 screenings yet for 2023 (but they did participate in 2022)
- Vogue Theatre in SF (Sacramento at Presidio) – no $4 screenings yet for 2023 (but they did participate in 2022)
- Marina Theatre in SF (2145 Chestnut) – no $4 screenings yet for 2023 (but they did participate in 2022)
- Grand Lake Theater in Oakland (3200 Grand) – no $4 screenings yet for 2023, but they always have $7.50 matinee screenings before 5:45p every day for all shows (even 3D) plus $6 movies all day on Tuesdays.
- As far as we can tell, the Roxie and 4-Star are not participating in $4 movie day.
The special one-day-only promotion is valid for every movie, every showtime, and on every format at participating theaters. However, the National Cinema Day pricing does not include tax or online and/or third-party ticketing fees. Participating theaters include Regal, Cinemark and AMC Cinemas.
Across the country, more than 3,000 theaters will show $3 movies on more than 30,000 screens. Typically, Labor Day weekend is one of the slowest weekends for the movie industry, so this is a way for movie theater industry to give back and thank fans for returning to the cinemas this past summer.
Select theaters will also have other deals on:
Regal – $4 tickets to any movie plus $4 for a small drink + small popcorn combo
Cinemark: $4 tickets to any movie plus $1 off any popcorn, soda or candy
AMC Cinemas: $4 tickets plus Small fountain drink + small popcorn combo for just $5+tax
— AMC Theatres (@AMCTheatres) August 21, 2023