The Presidio Gets “Slow Streets” Starting June 8
Presidio Slow Streets starts today, a companion to the City’s efforts to create more space for everyone to get outside and walk, run, and bike safely.
From June 8 to 30, (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) select streets in the park will be closed so visitors can recreate while maintaining the required safe physical distance of six feet.
Presidio Slow Streets include two types of road closures:
- Road Closure Recreation Zone (Red) – Vehicles are not permitted.
- Montgomery St. (next to the main post lawn)
- West Pacific Ave (near Presidio Gate)
- Washington Blvd. (North of Kobbe)
- Slow Street Zone (Yellow) – Vehicle access is limited to residents, tenants, deliveries, and emergency vehicles.
- Washington Blvd. (Arguello to Kobbe)
- Arguello Gate
Note that they may adjust the street closures throughout the month – check the website before your visit.
Starting tomorrow, we’ll begin hosting Presidio Slow streets—a companion to the City’s efforts to create more space for everyone to get outside and walk, run, and bike safely. Learn more and see a map here: https://t.co/TS18MclakC pic.twitter.com/g87czR1aNX
— Presidio of SF (@presidiosf) June 8, 2020