SFMOMA’s First Ever “Free Family Day”
The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) welcomes families and intergenerational audiences to the newly expanded and transformed museum for its first Free Family Day on Sunday, July 24, 2016.
While the museum is always free for visitors 18 and younger, on Free Family Day, it is also free for up to two adults accompanying each visitor 18 and younger. Tickets are available on-site only on July 24, and cannot be purchased in advance.
Free Family Day features the culmination of a month-long exploration of sound and architecture created by artist Chris Kallmyer, including the full orchestration of a new performance, all ages participatory artwork, A Paradise Choir. During this day-long sonic installation at the museum, visitors of all ages can join in mobile choruses and discover site-specific performances throughout the building.
SFMOMA’s Free Family Day
Sunday, July 24, 2016 | 9 am to 5 pm (Galleries open at 10 am)
SFMOMA, 151 Third St., SF
FREE, but only up to two adults that are accompanying visitors under 18. Tickets are available on-site only on July 24th.
Site-Specific Performances | 11 am to 3 pm
Expect the unexpected at these drop-in, site-specific performances.
- Mobius Trio, Displaced Guitar Concert: Meet in the Roberts Family Gallery, Floor 1.
- Ambient Female Vocal Quartet: Meet in the Agnes Martin Gallery, Floor 4.
- Gautam Tejas Ganeshan: Meet in the Gina and Stuart Peterson White Box, Floor 4.
- Sine Tones with Lewis Pesacov: Phyllis Wattis Theater, Floor 1.
Choral Tours | Noon, 1 pm, 2 pm, and 3 pm
Discover the new SFMOMA through these mobile, sonic adventures for families.
- Choral Tour 1: Meet at the Silver Elevators, Floor 3.
- Choral Tour 2: Meet at the Silver Elevators, Floor 4.
- Choral Tour 3: Meet at the Silver Elevators, Floor 5.
- Choral Tour 4: Meet at the Silver Elevators, Floor 6.