SF’s “Sundown Cinema” Outdoor Film Nights Return June 8th
Sundown Cinema returns for 2023 just in time for another summer in San Francisco.
This free outdoor movie series, the only one of its kind in the Bay Area, will feature seven films in seven parks across San Francisco, beginning with 1978 classic Invasion of the Body Snatchers (filmed in San Francisco!) at Alamo Square Park on June 8, 2023.
Explore a different San Francisco park for each film, including some parks that might be new to you like the recently opened 7-acre waterfront Crane Cove Park (18th an Illinois in Dogpatch)
2023 “Sundown Cinema” Film Night in the Park
All movies will begin shortly after sundown
Free and open to the public
– SF Parks Alliance Members can reserve seats for $35 each
- Thursday, June 8 @ Alamo Square Park – Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) – Sunset 8:30p
- Friday, June 30 @ The Presidio Civil War Parade Ground – Top Gun: Maverick (Rated R) – Sunset 8:35p
- Friday, July 21 @ Crane Cove Park (Dogpatch at 18th St.) – Moana – Sunset 8:27p
- Friday, August 18 @ Dolores Park – Mamma Mia (sing along) – Sunset 7:58p
- Friday, September 8 @ India Basin Shoreline Park – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Sunset 7:28p
- Friday, September 29 @ The Ferry Building – Legally Blonde – Sunset 6:55p
- Friday, October 20 @ Jerry Garcia Amphitheater (McLaren Park) – Ghostbusters (1984) – Sunset 6:25p
RSVP to win prizes on dothebay.com. Typically there are fun pre-show games and entertainment which will be announced at a later date
The entire series is free and open to the public, Exclusive access to purchase reserved seating is available here to existing SF Parks Alliance members, as well as to anyone who joins as a new member. Membership supports SF Parks Alliance and its work to create, sustain, and advocate for parks and public spaces across San Francisco. Learn more.