Thrill the World
Witness the simultaneous dance-off to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” for an annual flashmob called “Thrill the World” that is performed simultaneously along with thousands all over the world.
2014 “Thrill the World” Michael Jackson Flash Mob
Saturday, October 25, 2014 | Noon class, 3 pm performance
Studio One Art Center, 365 45th St, Oakland
FREE, but a $10 donation is encouraged
The 9th annual “Thrill the World” group performance will be at 3 pm sharp. Registration is required if you want to dance, or you can also register in the morning of the event.
Don’t know how to do the “Thriller” dance? No problem. Come early for the crash course dance workshop at 12 noon. The dance is easy to learn and can be low impact or high energy, depends on what kind of a zombie you are. Most people learn the dance in 1 hour.
- 10:30 am: Set-Up
- 12 noon: Registration Begins–everyone must register–Zombie dancers, media, volunteers, guests–we need photo and liability releases.
- 12 noon: Make-Up and Dance Lessons Begin–make sure you register before you begin your dance lessons or make-up.
- 2 pm: Costume Contest
- 2:30 pm: Countdown begins, last chance to practice the dance
- 3 pm: SHARP — Thrill Time
- 3:10 pm: Performance by the Bay Area Flash Mob (tentative)
- 3:20 pm: Please everyone help clean up
- 3:30 pm: After party at Sweet Bar Bakery
Please donate $10 per person for rehearsals and Thrill Day if you can. All funds are donated to charity after covering direct costs.