“Winter Walk” Union Square’s Pop-Up Holiday Plaza
Union Square’s Winter Walk will once again make the holidays brighter by transforming Stockton Street between Geary and Ellis, which is adjacent to Union Square Park into 17,000 sqft of open green space and a pedestrian-only holiday pop-up plaza.
2018 Winter Walk SF
November 26 – December 31, 2018 | 9am to 9pm
Stockton St. between Geary and Ellis, San Francisco
Back again for its fifth year, this year’s Winter Walk will be open for 5 weeks from November 26 through December 31, 2018 with two open-air beer and wine gardens, food trucks, live performances, carolers, holiday-themed photo opportunities, lots of family-friendly activities, and other wintery surprises.
Last year, Winter Walk was attended by over 750,000 locals and visitors and many more are anticipated to enjoy the festivities this year.
- Monday, November 26 | Opening Day
- December 6: “Mean Girls” themed drag performance by local drag queen Tye and friends
- December 7: Performance by the Salvation Army Children’s Choir
- December 13 and 21: Pop-up appearances by the Bay Area’s beloved Dickens Fair
- December 13: Silent Disco presented by HUSHconcerts
- December 21: Special Winter Solstice performance by Luminescent Grand (the world’s first synesthesia piano)
- December 31 | Closing Day
- Curated Off the Grid food trucks, beer, wine, and holiday craft cocktails
- Mobile holiday photo stations
- Community performances & entertainment, various times
- Instagrammable moment: Life-sized letters of “Winter Walk SF” presented by Columbus Craft Meats on the corner of Stockton and Ellis
- Interactive cloud art installation on Stockton between Ellis and O’Farrell. This is presented by Lufthansa. Enter to win trip tickets on site
Sunday – Wednesday: Traveling Home for the Holidays
- Wreath and centerpiece making demos from Home Sweet Flowers
- Multicultural and traditional holiday performances
Thursday: Under the Mistletoe
- Personalized holiday love poems from the Haiku Guys + Gals
- Couples’ photobooth and candlelit beer garden
Friday: NorCal Winter
- Lunchtime yoga classes from Corepower Yoga on select Friday
- Holiday tunes from Bay Area favorite Ukelenny
Saturday: Bad Santa
- Holiday-themed beat making / DJ station and canvas tote spray-painting workshops
- Holiday “turn up in the streets” dance party tunes
It appears that all events are free and open to the public, but please note there may be a nominal charge for some activities.