San Francisco City Hall 100th Birthday | Centennial Celebration
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Francisco City Hall | 1 Dr. Carlton Goodlett Pl., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The San Francisco City Hall is celebrating its 100th birthday with an outdoor party in Civic Center Plaza from 6-11 pm on Friday, June 19, 2015.
> FREE – RSVP on Facebook
The San Francisco City Hall Centennial Celebration will feature a ferris wheel, live music of local musicians performing SF hits from different eras throughout the past century, punctuated by a spectacular after-dark multi-media projection experience on the facade of City Hall that takes you on a journey through the history and stories behind the building.
San Francisco City Hall Centennial Celebration
Friday, June 19, 2015 | 6 to 11 pm
Civic Center, SF
6 to 9:30 pm – Live music, roaming artisans & family friendly activities
9:30 to 11 pm – LED light show, DJs & Silent Disco
> Download festival map & schedule
- Two Stages with Live Music (McAllister & Grove) – SF music from 1915 to today- featuring Lavay Smith, Chuck Prophet, Kelley Stoltz, Jello Biafra, Mark Kozelek (Sun Kil Moon), Andy Cabic (Vetiver) and more
- Two-channel Silent Disco with Hard French, Non Stop Bhangra, Space Cowboys & more
- Performances by SF Symphony and SF Opera
- Carnival Atmosphere – Roving circus performers, side show, contortionists, sword swallowers, belly dancers & magicians
- Ferris Wheel on Larkin facing City Hall – Free to ride!
- Emcee Ben Fong Torres
- Evening Cabaret – LED light dancers, an all-star burlesque revue, eclectic acrobats, clown high jinks, electro-swing dancing and merriment, blended with exotic stage performances
- City Hall Light Show promised to be “like none you’ve ever seen” – around 9:30 pm
- Civic Center Plaza makeover – Giant inflatable lanterns, animated origami flowers, a glowing light sculpture garden, and interactive art installations
- Children’s Wonderland (for all ages) – Furry forest, rainbow pyramid, fairy dome & fantasy face painting
You will also have an opportunity for a sneak preview of the documentary film, The People’s Palace, which will showcase San Francisco City Hall throughout the last one hundred years.
The film will take a close look back at the building project that literally rose from the rubble of the 1906 earthquake, refocused the hopes and dreams of the city’s resilient citizenry, and firmly established San Francisco as a world-class city.
The documentary will be aired on KQED and promoted to coincide with the Centennial Celebration.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, History, Kids & Families, Live Music, San Francisco, San FranFREEsco