Common Grounds Family Day: Workshops, Drag Performance & Craft Market | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
SF Chronicle Building | 901 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Saturday, May 20, 2017
2017 Common Grounds Arts Festival | May 20 – June 6
With over 4 stages of free entertainment, Common Grounds: Family Day will provide the community with opportunities to gather and celebrate the diverse neighborhood on Saturday, May 20, 2017.
The main stage will come alive with various performances, while the smaller stages will host a vast array of arts activities and workshops for children and parents alike. As part of this event, there will be field trip tours of the local area as well as a small artisan/craft market. Bring a picnic and join this fun-filled day.
Performers and activities include (some events may require registration):
- Alphabet Rockers: children’s hip-hop troupe
- Bring Your Own Queer/Drag Me Up: children’s drag performance and face painting
- Embodiment Project: street dance
- Ramekon O’Arwisters/Crochet Jam: social art
- Boomshake Music: children’s drumming
- Notoriety Variety: circus
- The Rabbit Hole Children’s Theater: marionette puppet performance and play
- Mi Cultura Art Project: children’s interactive visual arts project
- Little Artistas: children’s arts installation
- 3rd Space Lab Collective: interactive mapping project
- We not Me/Strider Patton: collaborative mural
- Stairwell’s: interactive field trips
- Project O: curated art installation
- Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center: artisan market stalls