Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops, Other
Common Grounds Family Day: Workshops, Drag Performance & Craft Market | SF
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Intersection for the Arts is proud to announce its upcoming festival “Common Grounds” presenting over two full weeks of free arts and culture events for people of all ages and walks of life.
Common Grounds will take place from May 20 to June 6, 2017 in and around the full city block at 5th and Mission where the rooftops, parking lots, laneways and tunnels of Natoma, Mary and Minna Streets will become stages and exhibition space for the community to gather together and share in the experience of art.
Common Grounds Arts Festival
May 20 to June 6, 2017
Downtown San Francisco
FREE. Some may require registration.
Common Grounds is an arts festival exploring the intersection of arts, culture, urban planning, and people. Presenting 105 artists and 21 arts organizations from multiple artistic disciplines, the festival will engage various local audiences and activate public urban space with free public programming for arts and culture.
Art Organizations and Artists include:
- Mugwumpin: Live Theatre
- Project O: Curated Art Installation
- Epiphany Productions: Dance Performance
- Resilience Archives: LGBT AAPI Historical Collection Exhibition
- We not Me/Strider Patton: Collaborative Mural
- Timeless, Infinite Light: Pop Up Bookstore, Art Installation, and Studio
- Glass Eye Shadow Pictures: Shadow Puppet Theatre
- Jazz in the Neighborhood: Lunchtime Jazz Sessions in partnership with Off the Grid
- The Beat Within: Poetry Peadings
- 3rd Space Lab Collective: Interactive Mapping Project
With over 4 stages of free entertainment, Common Grounds: Family Day will provide the community with opportunities to gather and celebrate the diverse neighborhood on Saturday, May 20, 2017.
The main stage will come alive with various performances, while the smaller stages will host a vast array of arts activities and workshops for children and parents alike. As part of this event, there will be field trip tours of the local area as well as a small artisan/craft market. Bring a picnic and join this fun-filled day.
Performers and activities include (some events may require registration):
- Alphabet Rockers: children’s hip-hop troupe
- Bring Your Own Queer/Drag Me Up: children’s drag performance and face painting
- Embodiment Project: street dance
- Ramekon O’Arwisters/Crochet Jam: social art
- Boomshake Music: children’s drumming
- Notoriety Variety: circus
- The Rabbit Hole Children’s Theater: marionette puppet performance and play
- Mi Cultura Art Project: children’s interactive visual arts project
- Little Artistas: children’s arts installation
- 3rd Space Lab Collective: interactive mapping project
- We not Me/Strider Patton: collaborative mural
- Stairwell’s: interactive field trips
- Project O: curated art installation
- Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center: artisan market stalls
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Admission is free, but some activities/programs may require registration.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, Kids & Families
, Lectures & Workshops
Address: 901 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA