Create Community: Free Day At BAMPFA | Berkeley
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Berkeley Art Museum / Pacific Film Archive | 2155 Center St, Berkeley, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
In keeping with their mission to “inspire the imagination and ignite critical dialog,” BAMPFA invites all members of the community to come together on Friday, January 20. In the spirit of celebrating inclusion and promoting an open society, they are offering free admission and expanded programming throughout the day.
All are welcome to visit the galleries and participate in any of the following events and activities:
- 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM: Poster and Sign Making—Those looking to exercise their right to free speech visually are invited to drop in for artist-facilitated poster and sign making, going on all day. Materials will be provided
- Noon: Meditation—Jill Satterfield of Vajra Yoga leads a mindfulness meditation session for all levels.
- 3:00 PM: Discussion—Codex: Embodied Language and the Form of the Book Peter Rutledge Koch, founding director of the biennial Codex International Book Fair and Symposium, gives an illustrated talk about the role of the book as a work of art in contemporary practice.
- 5:00 PM: Concert—A performance by Celli@Berkeley, an all-cello ensemble founded by UC Berkeley students dedicated to dynamic performances in alternative spaces.
- 6:00 PM: Workshop—Artist Barry Ebner leads a demonstration and participatory workshop exploring monotype, a printmaking technique that embraces chance, gesture, and immediacy to produce unique images.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Lectures & Workshops, Yoga