CUESA’s “Summer Jam” Farmers Market Festival | Jack London Square
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Jack London Square | Broadway and Embarcadero, Oakland, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Break out your broad-brimmed hats and dig out your best summer fruit recipes for CUESA’s Summer Jam at the Jack London Square Farmers Market on Sunday, July 9, 2017. Savor the farmers market with a day of summer flavors, contests, crafts, and family-friendly fun.
Summer Jam Activities
- Summer Preserves Contest Submissions, 9:30-10:30 am: Submit your seasonally inspired preserves at the CUESA Classroom for a chance to win delicious prizes. It’s open to amateur cooks.
- People’s Choice Preserve Judging, 11:00 am-1:00 pm (or until they’ve run out): Stop by the CUESA Preserves Tent to taste the preserves entered for the main contest and cast your vote for the best one. People’s Choice Winner will be announced at 2:30 pm.
- Watermelon Seed-Spitting Contest, 11:00 am-3:00 pm: Test your lung power in a good old-fashioned seed-spitting contest. Open to kids and adults alike, join the fun to get your name on the leader board.
- Kids’ Crafts, 11:00 am-3:00 pm: Visit the CUESA craft tent to decorate a seasonal take-home item. Small suggested donations are welcome.
- Summer Cobblers, Crisps, and Crumbles Contest Submissions, 11:30 am-12:30 pm: Submit your seasonally inspired cobbler, crisp, or crumble at the CUESA Classroom for a chance to win delicious prizes. It’s open to amateur bakers.
- Cobbler samples, 11:00 am-1:00 pm (or until we run out): Cobblers, Crisps, and Crumbles on the brain? Come get a tasty plate for a small fee.
- Better Burger Challenge Chef Cook-Off, Noon-1:30 pm: Join local chefs, Friends of the Earth, and Casa Rosa Farms at the CUESA Classroom tent to learn how to make two different Better Burgers: better for your health, animals, farmers, and the environment. Free samples are available for the first 50 people.
- Preserves and Cobbler contest winners announced, 2:30 pm: Cheer on the contest participants and congratulate the winners.
All festivities take place at the Jack London Square Farmers Market, beginning at Broadway & Water Street. Check back for updates.