Home » **Annual Event**, Charity & Volunteering, Holidays, Kids & Families, Tree + Holiday Lightings
Decorate the World Tree of Hope at Grace Cathedral | SF
Submitted by the Event Organizer
See the world’s most unique holiday tree at Grace Cathedral.
The Rainbow World Fund (RWF) World Tree of Hope is the largest origami holiday tree in the world, standing over 23 feet tall and decorated with over 17,000 origami cranes and stars, each hand folded and inscribed with wishes for the future of the world. The wishes come from people of all ages, all faiths, and all walks of life. The cranes are not mere decorations in a holiday display; they are representations of hopes and dreams.
The 16th Rainbow World Fund “World Tree of Hope” at Grace Cathedral
On View: December 1, 2021 to January 8, 2022
Grace Cathedral, 1100 California St., SF
Tree lighting celebration is Monday, December 6 from 6:30-8:30 PM w/ Donna Sachet, San Francisco Boys Chorus, Lesbian/Gay Chorus, Tammy Hall, Sisters of Perpetual indulgence and many more. Please note that the official site lists the start time as both 6:30pm and 7pm, so your guess is as good as ours.
We will take the tree down on Saturday, January 8 from 10 AM to 4 PM
Volunteer / Decorating days/times
If you’d like to help decorate the tree at Grace Cathedral, they welcome volunteers. You can sign up to volunteer, November 2-28, 2021.
- Saturday, Nov. 6 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Sunday, Nov. 7 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Thursday, Nov. 11 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Friday, Nov. 12 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Saturday, Nov. 13 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Sunday, Nov. 14 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Wednesday, Nov. 17 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Thursday, Nov. 18 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Friday, Nov. 19 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Saturday, Nov. 20 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Sunday, Nov. 21 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Saturday, Nov. 27 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- Sunday, Nov. 28 from 12: 30 PM to 5 PM
* Grace Cathedral requires that all volunteers be vaccinated for COVID-19. Please bring your vaccine card or a cell phone PIC of the card. We will follow the latest SF safety guidelines.
Since 2006, Rainbow World Fund has presented the World Tree of Hope as a symbol of global unity and hope to promote peace, love, and humanitarian action. The tree is a project of Rainbow World Fund, a humanitarian aid organization based in the LGBTQ community, and given as a gift to the world annually to express the belief that we are all One Human Family.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, Charity & Volunteering
, Kids & Families
, Tree + Holiday Lightings
Address: 1100 California Street. San Francisco, CA