Dharma & Yoga Fest: 2016 International Day of Yoga | Berkeley
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
International House Berkeley | 2299 Piedmont Ave, Berkeley, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
To recognize the significance of Yoga, for the first-time 175 countries came together to pass a United Nations General Assembly resolution declaring 21st June as the International Day of Yoga.
Free, but an RSVP is required.
Celebrate this event on Saturday, June 18th, 2016 at UC Berkeley’s International House where you have an opportunity to perform yoga, meditate, sing, dance, play with hunderds others, experience Dharmic living, discuss spirituality – enrich yourself with all of these – all in one place. A grand festival to be attended by hundreds of Dharma followers of all ethnicities across the East Bay.
The Program will Consist of
- Kirtan by Jai Uttal
- Vedic Chanting
- Yoga for all levels with leading Yoga teachers
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga with well known Yoga teachers
- Yoga Therapy sessions with trained Yogic healers
- Lectures on Sustained living
- Lectures on living with Nature by Native American Elders and Community Leaders
- Lectures on Yoga Philosophy