Dolores Park “Light Up The Park” Grand Re-Opening Celebration | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Dolores Park | 19th Street and Dolores Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
After more than six months of waiting (and $20.5 million in renovations), the southern half of Dolores Park is finally set for its grand re-opening on January 27, 2016. The original opening was planned for January 14th but was postponed due to rain.
So that means sunbathing at the top of the hill with those amazing views of San Francisco, and a Dolores Park finally united again!
Dolores Park Re-Opening Day
Wednesday, January 27, 2016 (opening celebration 4pm)
20th & Dolores, SF
FREE – RSVP on Facebook
Opening “Light Up Dolores Park” Celebration
RSVP – On January 27th from 4pm to 7pm you’re asked to bring your glow-in-the-dark gear, light up props, LED accessories to help light up the New Dolores Park on its first day back. This is all weather permitting, of course! (we don’t want to destroy the turf on its very first day)
What’s new in the South?
- Expect new bathrooms dug into the hillside (13 stalls up from 4)
- A new drainage so that there’s fewer mud pits
- A New Overlook in the Southwest corner with disabled parking, new benches & decorative paving
- A new off leash dog play area in the south part of the park
- New picnic tables along Dolores Street.
- Improved ADA access throughout the park
- A Pisoir – yes, they are going to build an outdoor urinal up by 20th and Church so that people waiting for Muni don’t pee in the street or the bushes.
The new 20th Street Entrance
The new southside bathroom dug into the hillside
The new “p-pod” Pisoir by 20th and Church
The Entire Plan. Drink it in (with a magnifying glass)
Read about the whole plan at sfplanning.org