EcoSF Bakers Alley: Urban Livestock Day w/ Hens, Ducks, and Goats | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
The School Farm | 555 Portola Drive, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Trying to save money, reduce your food miles, and be more connected to your foodshed? Come learn about the difference between raising hens vs ducks as well as goats, including city ordinances, general care, space requirements, feeding, health, and more.
- 11am-Fire up oven, morning refreshments courtesy of Arizmendi Bakery, and general farm work
- 12pm-Interactive discussion of raising hens and ducks in an urban area, with live examples of animals and coops, including everything you need to know to get started and local resources.
- 1pm – Break for oven fired pizza, and other nutritious, delicious food – and Solar Power Grooves ~
- 2pm – Heidi Kooy will join us for an engaging discussion of her backyard dairy and fertilizer operation with the help of one of her urban goats
- Late Afternoon-more work and hangin out, conversatin, eatin and bein merry
As always, the ovens will be blazing and we’ll provide the dough so bring some pizza toppings, or some other local, seasonal fare to share and compare at our ultra-local potluck.
Also check out the farm and see appropriate technology demos like solar ovens and dehydrators (if it’s sunny), rocket stove, compost toilet, pedal power, earthen structures and of course the cob oven
Bring your own utensils if you got em, and musical instruments, parlor tricks and special talents are always welcome too
ECO-SF’s Bakers Alley: Urban Livestock – Hens, Ducks, and Goats
The School Farm
555 Portola Drive – Parking on O’Shaughnessey
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Lectures & Workshops, San Francisco