26th Annual Bay Area Black Expo | Oakland
The California Black Expo is the largest African-American business and consumer trade show in California. Now in their 26th year in production, the Black Expo is dedicated to showcasing minority businesses through a trade show platform backed by literacy and entertainment.
The Expo provides ultimate exposure for Sponsors and African American businesses, financial institutions, health and wellness companies, city, county & local government agencies, academic institutions, and various community resources from all vocations who are recruiting or have cutting edge products or services to provide that can make a positive impact in the lives of urban community members.
This historic event provides a safe and enjoyable place where patrons, families and friends can be entertained, and share an enjoyable shopping experience while gathering needed information and resources.
- Over 100 vendors with mouthwatering cuisines from local food vendors like Docs BBQ, the Roasted Corn, the Cacao Milk Bar and more
- Activities for Senior Citizens
- Children’s Zone
- 1st Annual Bay Area Idol Competition at noon on July 22nd
- 20 Contestants from Dance, Hip Hop, Gospel & R&B genres
- Judges will include Kenya Autie, Producer and Oscar Autie, Latin Grammy Award winning Engineer from El Cerrito Records; Kenneth Hall from Tack Entertainment Management (more judges to be announced).
- Pastor Lj Jennings & First Lady Karen bring Kingdom Builders to the Black Expo for praise and worship as Pastor LJ Jennings facilitates Sunday Service at noon on Sunday July 23
- Gospel, Jazz and R&B Talent Explosion on Sunday, July 23
- Color televisions given away each day along with vendor discounts and other fantastic prize-giveaways both days