Bernie Bike Party: Live Bands on Wheels & Rally | 2020
Join in for a free concert while bike riding. BoomBikes for Bernie features awesome bands, pedal powered amplification, and invigorating speakers as a new way to get out the vote.
When’s the last time you went for a group ride in a parade of fellow cyclists surrounding a kickass band performing live on a rolling stage towed by a bike in support of getting out the vote and letting loose the energy for candidates who are willing to go to the mat for the Green New Deal and everything it represents about transforming our planet into the more beautiful worlds our hearts know is possible?
Not recently enough?
Please join the Pleasant Revolution as we launch a year-long odyssey of such amazing cryin’ craziness, beginning Saturday, February 29 in Berkeley/Oakland and Sunday, March 1 in San Francisco. It’s the kind of thing that the word “you won’t want to miss this” was invented for.
We are beside ourselves with enthusiasm for the mobile performance of a select handful of the Bay Area’s most beloved live bands, including LoCura on Saturday and Rupa + the April Fishes, MaMuse and one more super special surprise act on Sunday.
- 3 pm: Meet at Sproul Plaza in Berkeley ready to ride
- 3:30 pm: Start the LoCura music and start the ride
- 4:30 pm: Roll into Mosswood Park for a mini rally
- 5:15 pm: Roll out and get to bed early so we’re rested for a big day Sunday
- 11 am: Meet at Peacock Meadow in Golden Gate Park, ready to ride, rock and roll for the day
- Noon: Turn on the *special guest* band and roll out into the park and beyond.
- 1 pm: Arrive Duboce Park for inspirational speakers and a break. BYO refreshments
- 2 pm: MaMuse takes the stage and we all take to the streets bathed in their righteous love sounds.
- 3:15 pm: Arrive Precita Park for inspirational speakers and a break. BYO refreshments
- 4 pm: Rupa + and the April Fishes mount the stages and we head through the heart of the Mission, and for the waterfront.
- 5:30 pm: Arrive at Pier 29, revel in the golden hour and say our goodbyes. We’re just getting started.
How It Works:
Meet up at the beginning with bikes or other wheeled contraptions and set off in a pack, serenaded by the band, cheered on by the sidewalkers. We ride and revel through the city for an hour or so and then take a break for some snacks and refreshments and listen to some speakers inspiring us to rise up and seize the unusually precious and high leverage moment we have in 2020 to make a difference in the future of Earth and humanity. The band changes and we keep riding to the next locale.
And get this… If you bring an FM receiver plugged into a bluetooth speaker or boombox, you can get on our station and be part of the sound system.