San Francisco 2018 Chanukah Festival: 25-Foot-Tall Menorah | Union Square
Celebrate Chanukah 2018 with the 44th annual lighting of the 25-foot tall mahogany Bill Graham Menorah in Union Square. This San Francisco tradition, the brainchild of rock and roll concert promoter Bill Graham, begun in 1975.
Lighting ceremonies take place from December 2-9, at approximately 5 pm on most days (Friday is at 3 pm and Saturday is at 8 pm). Please note, most days, music and ceremony begins 5 pm and actual lighting of the Menorah is approximately 5:30 pm.
Chanukah 2018: Bill Graham Menorah Project
December 2-9, 2018
Union Square, San Francisco
- Sunday, Dec. 2nd – Bill Graham Menorah Day – 1st Union Square Candle Lighting Ceremony at 4:30 pm
- David & Alex Graham, Perry Farrell and Local Dignitaries
- Long-Time Bill Graham Colleagues
- Musical performances by: Jerry’s Kosher Deli plus Very Special Guests
- Kids Crafts Activities starting at 2 pm
- Bill Graham Festival of Lights at the Fillmore 6:30 pm – paid tickets here.
- Monday, Dec. 3rd — 2nd Union Square Candle Lighting Ceremony at 5 pm
- Tuesday, Dec. 4th — 3rd Union Square Candle Lighting Ceremony at 5 pm
- Dreidels & Drinks from 7-10 pm, Chabad SF’s Young Adult Chanukah Celebration – $15 early bird / $20 general admission – Paid Tickets
- Wednesday, Dec. 5th — 4th Union Square Candle Lighting Ceremony at 5 pm
- Thursday, Dec. 6th — 5th Union Square Candle Lighting Ceremony at 5 pm
- Friday, Dec. 7th — 6th Union Square Candle Lighting Ceremony at 3 pm
- Saturday, Dec. 8th — 7th Union Square Candle Lighting Ceremony at 8 pm
- Sunday, Dec.9th – 8th Union Square Candle Lighting Ceremony at 5 pm, The Grand Finale
- 5-7 pm: Chanukah at Westfield on the 4th Floor in the old Lark Creek Restaurant