“Concentrate”: Alumni Weekend, Art Sale & Open Studios | SFAI
Alumni near and far—return to campus for a weekend of SFAI revelry, art, and conversations. Rediscover the hidden histories, see old friends, connect with faculty, and find out what’s happening on our campuses.
In this once a year event, SFAI is transformed into an all-campus art sale by current undergraduate and graduate student artists. Come for diverse offerings in art, enlivening conversation, local food, and drink, and celebrating emerging artists. On Saturday and Sunday, stop by SFAI—Fort Mason Campus for an expansive, salon-style student art sale, studio tours, film screenings, and opportunities for alumni to reconnect.
On Saturday, they will unveil the new Jon Rubin Banner, studio tours, food and drinks. On Sunday, the Open Studios continues, plus student Art Sale, food, drinks and much more.
“Concentrate” Annual Weekend Art & Opening Reception
November 8 – 9, 2018
SFAI Chestnut St. Campus, 800 Chestnut St, San Francisco, CA
FREE, an RSVP is encouraged.
- November 8, 7:30 pm – PhotoAlliance Artist Lecture: Eirik Johnson
Osher Lecture Hall | SFAI—Chestnut Street Campus
Into The World: Cherel Ito And Sfai Documentary Photography
- November 9, 5:30–7:30 pm – Opening Reception
On View: November 9–11
Diego Rivera Gallery, SFAI—Chestnut Street Campus
- November 10, 11:15 am – Jon Rubin Banner Unveiling
Main Gallery, SFAI—Fort Mason Campus
- November 10, 1–2 pm – Jon Rubin Lecture
Gray Box Gallery, SFAI—Fort Mason Campus
- November 10, 2–4 pm – Shadow Master Screening + Alumni Short Film Series
Gray Box Gallery | SFAI—Fort Mason Campus
- November 10, 3–5 pm – Alumni Speakeasy (RSVP Required)
MFA Lounge | SFAI—Fort Mason Campus
- November 10, 3:30 pm + 4:30 pm – Tours of Open Studios
Meet in Main Gallery | SFAI—Fort Mason Campus