“Dumpling Down” Lunar New Year Food Festival | 2020
Get down on delicious dumplings, bottomless kumquat mimosas, and Chinese-themed beers at the biggest Lunar New Year food festival in San Francisco — Dumpling Down.
Vendors from all over the Bay Area will be steaming, frying, baking, and saucing authentic Chinese dim sum classics like shumai, bao buns, har gao, and xiao lung bao — each filled with traditional delights like shrimp, pork, cabbage, and chives.
Once you’ve dumpling’d to your heart’s delight, sink your chopsticks into other Chinese treats. Jian bing, fried chicken, garlic noodles, sesame balls, boba, egg tarts, and Taiwanese-style rolled ice cream will also dot the menus of all your favorite Asian food trucks. Then get down to the beats with local live entertainment by Bay Area non-profit Kollaboration SF Bay Area.
Celebrate the new year and dive into a mountain of delicious dumplings with us.
DUMPING DOWN DETAILS
– 2 DAYS OF DELICIOUS DUMPLINGS
– Saturday & Sunday, February 8th & 9th | 11am-5pm
– SoMa StrEat Food Park | 428 11th Street, SF 94103
– 13 dumpling and Asian food vendors
– Optional Bottomless Kumquat Mimosas and Chinese-Themed Beers
– Live DJ & entertainment by Kollaboration SF Bay Area
– Fortunes by Golden Dragon Fortunes
– All-ages, rain or shine with covered seating, dogs welcome
– $5 Pre-Sale All-Day General Admission
– $28 Pre-Sale Bottomless Kumquat Mimosas and Chinese-themed beers 11:00-1:30pm or 2:30pm-5:00pm – Both include All-Day General Admission
– FREE for Lil’ Dumplings 10 & Under
** Do not purchase tickets from strangers. If you see someone selling tickets in the comments, have a blast trolling them because they’re trying to scam you. **
LUNAR NEW YEAR SPECIALS
– Steep Creamery & Tea
– Happy Cow Creamery & Tea
– Pushcart Fare’s dumplings
– Hongry Kong’s Turnip Cake, Wonton Noodle Soup, Nian Gao w/ eggs, Shanghai Dumplings, Fried Pork Potstickers, Flaky Egg Tarts, Iced Milk Tea
– Rolling Duck’s XLB (xiao long bao) soup dumpling, Peking duck fried baos, gyoza potstickers
– MOMO noodle’s Szechuan spicy dumplings, Szechuan-style egg noodles with ground pork, sesame & peanut egg noodles with pork belly, hot & sour rice noodle with chili and garlic sauce, spicy garlic chicken egg noodle
– Bun Bao’s five spice beef bao, signature pork bao, year of the rat bean bao
– Happy Dumpling’s cabbage and pork dumplings, chive, egg, and shrimp dumplings, vegetable dumplings, chicken cilantro dumplings, pork belly dumplings, green onion pancakes
– WoKitchen’s xiao long bao soup dumplings, shrimp dumplings, pork & shrimp siu mai, sesame balls, charcoaled lava salty egg yolk bun, basil rangoon, egg custard tarts
– Get Low Dumpling’s classic pork and chive dumplings, spicy cumin xi’an lamb dumplings, vegan dan dan noodles, black rice dessert
– Kokio Republic Korean Fried Chicken and Kimchi Balls
Plus Nucha Empanadas and Firetrail Pizza for your picky friends…
~ more specials still steaming ~