Free Entrance Days in the National Parks in 2021
Sometimes you’ve just got to get away from it all and clear your head with the peace and serenity of a national park.
On certain “fee-free” days throughout the year, enjoy free entry to all national parks and monuments including Muir Woods and Yosemite National Park and free admission aboard all of the historic vessels at the Hyde Street Pier of SF’s Maritime National Historical Park.
Please always check with each National Park before heading out to confirm that the park and its facilities are open and admission is free.
Parks listed on this page typically waive their entrance fees on nationally designated fee free dates. Please check with each park below for operating hours and event schedules. See the latest updates.
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Death Valley National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Lava Beds National Monument
- Muir Woods National Monument – Parking ($8.50) / shuttle ($3.25) reservations are required, even on “free” days. Shuttles pick up in Sausalito, Marin City Hub and Pohono Park & Ride. Get shuttle info
- Pinnacles National Park
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area
- Yosemite National Park
Check out all the fee-free national parks in the nation.
Free Entrance Days in the National Parks | 2021
The National Park Service now offers five free days a year. All National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone.
- January 18: Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- April 17: First day of National Park Week
- August 4: One year anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 25: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
National parks are America’s best idea, and there are more than 400 parks available to everyone, every day. The fee-free days provide a great opportunity to visit a new place or an old favorite, especially one of the national parks that normally charge an entrance fee. The others are free all the time.
The entrance fee waiver for fee-free days does not cover amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours.
In addition, there are also free or discounted passes available for senior citizens, current members of the military, families of fourth-grade students, and disabled citizens. Learn more about the variety of passes offered by the America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass series.
Thursday, November 11
Sometimes you’ve just got to get away from it all and clear your head with the peace and serenity of a national park. On certain “fee-free” days throughout the year, enjoy free entry to all national parks and monuments including Muir Woods and Yosemite National Park and free ...