Oakland Veg Fest 2019
The Oakland VegFest is back for their fifth year, organized by the Factory Farming Awareness Coalition (FFAC).
As always, the VegFest is totally free and open to the public, and will feature awesome food, vendors, speakers, a “cutest dog” contest, and a kids area.
Oakland Veg Week 2019
Saturday, May 18, 2019 | 11 am to 5 pm
Lake Merritt Amphitheater, Lake Merritt Blvd, Oakland
>> VegFest will go on rain or shine.
- Katie Cantrell (Executive Director, FFAC)
- Chef Tirzah Love (Celebrity Chef and Owner of Tirzah Catering)
- Sid Garza-Hillman (Author and Health Coach)
- Ryan Bethencourt (CEO, Wild Earth)
- Speaker Panel: Food Justice in the Oakland Flats. Feat. Andrea
- Talley & Mikhael Holmes (Mandela Grocery Cooperative)
- Far I
- CLEAN feat. The Black Excellence Band
- Shino Smoke
- Quite the idea
If you would like to be a part of this event, you can sign-up for a volunteer shift. As a thank you, volunteers receive a swag bag featuring gifts from the incredible sponsors and an invitation to the volunteer party.
Due to limited parking options, attendees are encouraged to use public transportation. You can take BART to the Lake Merritt station and the festival is just a 10 minute walk away. There is also a free 4 hour public parking across the street at the Kaiser Convention Center (one entrance on Lake Merritt Blvd and one entrance on 10th and Fallon), but those spots will fill up quickly in the morning. There is also limited metered street parking available near the event.
This event is wheelchair accessible, plus it’s dog- and kid-friendly.