Ruckus n’ Resiliency Workshops & Street Fest | Oakland
Come out to a lively street party in partnership with Destiny Arts Center celebrating food traditions, resistance, and culture.
Free, but an RSVP is requested.
Every month features a workshop, DJs and/or live music, free tastings, and a potluck cook-off alongside the farmers market.
- May 30, 2015 – Dance with Destiny – youth performances, live music and more
- June 27, 2015 – B-boy and B-girls of the Bay
- July 25, 2015 – Wild Fermentation – a day of fermentation workshops, tastings, and culture swaps
- August 29, 2015 – Feed the People – Food Justice and the legacy of the Black Panther Party’s Free Breakfast Program: panel, cooking circle, live music and cook off
- September 26, 2015 – Taking care of our communities: A day of Restorative Justice Workshops from across the Bay
- October 31, 2015 – Dia De Los Muertos Celebration – Celebrating Culture as Community Health
- November 28, 2015 – Decolonize Your Diet – Using food as medicine and combatting racism in the food system. Panel, workshops, and cooking circle