San Francisco Art Institute’s Fort Mason Campus Opening Spectacle
Join the SF Art Institute for the free weekend-long Opening Spectacle on November 10 from 7-10 pm and November 11 from 12-5 pm.
The Friday night public party will feature music, one-night-only art installations, live performances, plus there’s open studios. See the work of over 100 emerging arts and tons more throughout the weekend.
The 67,000-square foot renovated pier—formerly known as the Herbst Pavilion—with spectacular views over the San Francisco Bay is the new home for over 160 art studios for students, faculty, and visiting artists and 4,300 square feet of new public exhibition space, open to the public and free of charge, including a flagship gallery, a graduate student-run gallery, and Gray Box media and performance space.
SF Art Institute Fort Mason Campus Opening Spectacle
SFAI—Fort Mason Campus, 2 Marina Boulevard, San Francisco, CA
Free, but an RSVP is encouraged
- Friday, November 10, 2017, | 7-10 pm with events at the Fort Mason Campus
- Saturday, November 11, 2017, | 12-5 pm with events at the Fort Mason Campus and Chestnut Street Campus
Opening Weekend Activites
- Friday night opening party featuring music, art installations, performances, and more
- SFAI CONCENTRATE: Student Art Sale + Open Studios – a chance to see the work of over 100 emerging artists
- Newly unveiled exhibitions and commissioned artworks by Alicia McCarthy, Jon Rubin, and Sans facon will be on view—or debut—at the Opening Spectacle
- SFAI Alumni Weekend
- Admissions Fall Open House – Undergraduate + Graduate
- Fort Point Beer Co. Beer Garden
- Food Trucks
Submitted by Lorie