Train Days 2018: Model Train Festival | Los Altos
Train Days returns to the Los Altos History Museum for two days of train-filled fun celebrating the joy and wonder of model railroading. Elaborate layouts, intricate scenery, and scaled renditions of prototypes and whimsical engines and theme cars with steam, lights and sound, speed the rails to delight visitors of all ages.
- Live Steamers from the Bay Area Garden Railway Society
- Diablo Pacific Short Line
- Golden Gate Lionel Railroad Club
- Golden State Toy Train Operators
- Peninsula NTRAK and AsiaNRail
- National Model Railroad Association, Pacific Coast Division
- Private Collectors: LEGO Layout
Also joining the above is, Swanton Pacific Railroad and California Operation Lifesaver, who’ll provide education on proper rail safety, plus Train Days’ glitter tattoo station and train-themed marketplace will be in full gear, as Quick Dog and Baskin-Robbins serve up hot dogs and ice cream to keep scores of train enthusiasts satiated throughout the day.
In addition to N- through G-gauge models running the tracks, the National Model Railroad Association’s HO-gauge switching demo “The Timesaver” will be back by popular demand for visitors to try their hand at operating a model switch engine to move freight cars to locations around a freight yard.