22nd United States of Asian America Festival “Collective // Memories” | SF
Join the 22nd Annual United States of Asian America Festival (USAAF) from May to June 2019. Individual artists, arts groups, and arts organizations will produce full-length arts event productions occurring within the city and county San Francisco.
Each year, the United States of Asian American Festival (USAAF) presents between 20 to 30 different programs reflecting the artistic accomplishments and cultural diversity of San Francisco’s Pacific Islander and Asian American communities.
USAAF showcases artists representing a diverse range of ethnic and cultural groups and aims to heighten the visibility of Asian and Pacific Islander (API) artists work in all disciplines – theater, music, dance, film, literature, visual arts, and more. The goal is to nurture and empower these groups to be self-sufficient while providing the support they need to grow.
22nd Annual United States of Asian America Festival
May-June 2019 | All over San Francisco
FREE (selected) Events range from free to $45.
This year’s theme, Collective // Memories, focus on themes related to Pacific Islander and Asian American themes and culture.
- Celebrating and remembering Asian and Pacific Islanders who have made lasting cultural contributions in our communities.
- Empowered community building during times of loss and turmoil to create spaces of sanctuary and healing.
- Honoring shared histories as Asians and Pacific Islanders in America and how they inform the present and the futures.
2019 Free Events (View Full Schedule)
- Agrarianaa– Thursday, May 2, 2019 – May 23, 2019 at 6 pm
SOMArts Cultural Center, 934 Brannan St., San Francisco
- “Kularts” PostColonial Survival Kit – May 03, 2019 – May 31, 2019 at 6:30 pm
The Luggage Store Gallery, 1007 Market St., San Francisco
- “Locus” Official Book Release – May 03, 2019 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
The Bindery, 1727 Haight St., San Francisco
- Brown in the Sunshine– Opening Reception is Free on May 4, 2019 from 1 pm – 5 pm
(Exhibition run: May 4 – June 9, 2019)
Bindlestiff Studio, 185 6th St, San Francisco
- JAGAH // JADOO – Exhibition Open: May 13-31, 2019 Tuesdays-Saturdays from 10 am-6 pm
Opening Reception: Fri, May 17, 2019 2019 6 pm-9 pm
Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts, 2868 Mission St., San Francisco
- New MestizX – May 24 – June 15, 2019. Gallery Hours: Tuesdays-Saturdays 11 am-5 pm
Accion Latina, 2958 24th St., San Francisco