Whisky Week 2013 | Elixir’s Cocktail Club
One of the oldest bars in San Francisco, the Mission District’s Elixir aims to keep you discovering new cocktails to enjoy by hosting a weekly “cocktail club” with a free educational guided tasting and the chance to learn about all the spirits that go into making Elixir cocktails.
September 23-26, 2013 is “Whisky Week” with five different tasting events.
Whisky Week 2013: Elixir’s Cocktail Club
September 23-26, 2013
Elixir, 16th St. & Guerrero St., SF
FREE with purchase of a cocktail
All events take place at Elixir unless otherwise noted.
- Monday, 9/23 at 5 pm – Buy a Compass Box cocktail to receive a ticket for the Compass Box tasting with Brand Ambassador Robin Robinson
- Tuesday, 9/24 at 7 pm – Old Potrero with Master Distiller Bruce Joseph
- Wednesday, 9/25 at 5 pm – Nicole O’Neil of Templeton Rye
- Wednesday, 9/25 at 7 pm – World premiere of their first private barrel of Elijah Craig 12 yr with Heaven Hill Master Distiller Craig Beam and Bernie Lubbers, The Whisky Professor
- Thursday, 9/26 at 5 pm – Glenmorangie with Global Brand Ambassador David Blackmore
- Thursday, 9/26 at 5 pm – Compass Box Tasting (Location: Not at Elixir – This tasting takes place at The Whisky Shop, 360 Sutter St.)
- Thursday, 9/26 at 7 pm – Angel’s Envy with Founder Wes Henderson
Why do you have to buy a drink to have a taste?
Tasting is included with the purchase of any beverage from the bar. No one may legally taste without a purchase. Upon your purchase, you will be given a ticket for each tasting.
Who will guide the tasting?
The guest speakers are usually master distillers or brand ambassadors, so you’ll learn from someone who is truly passionate about the brand.