“Winter Walk SF” Union Square’s Pop-Up Holiday Plaza | 2019
Union Square’s Winter Walk will once again make the holidays brighter by transforming Union Square for the holidays.
2019 Winter Walk SF
November 29 – December 31, 2019
Grant Ave. between Geary and Post Street and Maiden Lane, SF
FREE (most special activities are free, but some have a nominal charge)
Winter Walk SF offers 5 weeks of community performances and entertainment, family friendly activities, food trucks, beer and wine gardens, craft holiday cocktails, and an abundance of Instagram-able moments.
2019 Winter Walk Schedule TBA
Please note that we’ve confirmed the 2019 dates, but the event details are still not available as 11/26/19. For an idea of what to expect, here’s what happened in 2018. Schedule listed is from 2018.
Highlights from 2018
Please note that as of 12/5/18 the times for some events still had not been announced. Check winterwalksf.com for updates.
- Monday, November 26 | Opening Day
- December 6: Dickens Fair Choir from 11:30 am-12:30 pm
- December 6: “Mean Girls” themed drag performance by local drag queen Tye and friends at 6:30 pm, 7 pm & 7:30 pm
- December 7: Performance by the Salvation Army Children’s Choir
- December 9: Urban Flowers – Wreath & Centerpiece Demos from 11 am-2 pm
- December 13 and 21: Pop-up appearances by the Bay Area’s beloved Dickens Fair
- December 13: Silent Disco presented by HUSHconcerts from 5-9 pm – $10 tickets
- December 14-16 – Mary Poppins Takeover – Special Photo Wall for you to pose in front of as well as giveaways including tickets to an advance screening of the film on Monday, December 17 in San Francisco.
- December 15: Core Power Yoga from 11-11:30 am
- December 16: Urban Flowers – Wreath & Centerpiece Demos from 11 am-2 pm
- December 21: Special Winter Solstice performance by Luminescent Grand (the world’s first synesthesia piano)
- December 23: Museum of Craft & Holiday Craft Station from 11 am-2 pm
- Curated Off the Grid food trucks, beer, wine, and holiday craft cocktails
- Mobile holiday photo stations
- Community performances & entertainment, various times
- Instagrammable moment: Life-sized letters of “Winter Walk SF” presented by Columbus Craft Meats on the corner of Stockton and Ellis
- Interactive cloud art installation on Stockton between Ellis and O’Farrell, presented by Lufthansa. Enter to win trip tickets on site
Sunday – Wednesday: Traveling Home for the Holidays
- Wreath and centerpiece making demos from Home Sweet Flowers
- Multicultural and traditional holiday performances
Thursday: Under the Mistletoe
- Personalized holiday love poems from the Haiku Guys + Gals
- Couples’ photobooth and candlelit beer garden
Friday: NorCal Winter
- Lunchtime yoga classes from Corepower Yoga on select Friday
- Holiday tunes from Bay Area favorite Ukelenny
Saturday: Bad Santa
- Holiday-themed beat making / DJ station and canvas tote spray-painting workshops
- Holiday “turn up in the streets” dance party tunes
It appears that all events are free and open to the public, but please note there may be a nominal charge for some activities.