Final Day of “Wonderland” Unique Public Art Experiment | Tenderloin
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Wonderland is a unique month-long public art experiment which overtook the Tenderloin with 16 art installations all over the tenderloin. The exhibition encompasses 16 ambitious large scale site-inspired projects set throughout the Tenderloin curated by artist Lance Fung and created by 78 artists after having worked for a year with the Tenderloin community to develop their works of art.
The exhibit’s final official day is November 15, 2009 Saturday, November 14, 2009.
(Please note that although other press releases, websites and the official map have Sunday November 15th listed as the final day, we’ve confirmed with the promoters that the final day is, indeed, November 14th)
Exhibit Locations [map]:
- Offstage – Show Dogs, 1026 Market
- Offstage & Reflections – Warfield Theater, 982 Market
- Down the Rabbit Hole – YWAM, 357 Ellis
- Remix & Reflections – Ever Gold Gallery, 447 O’Farrell
- Reflect/xions – Public Salon, 571 Geary
- TAAD-Queen Project – 125 Hyde
- Tender Transmissions – Cohen Alley & Luggage Store Annex, 509 Ellis
- Stake & Night at the Black Hawk – Turk & Hyde
- Home Away From Home – Larking & McAllister
- Constellation – 303 Golden Gate
- Virtual Painting – Soluna, 272 McAllister
- Local Wonder – NOM/TL CBD Gallery, 134 Golden Gate
- Fear Head (pictured) – 61 Golden Gate – Please note that the large-scale “Fear Head” painting might remain after the closing date of the exhibit.
Photo Credit: livinintheloin.com
Tags: Art, Free, Odd & Weird, Outdoors, Tenderloin
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, San Francisco