Free Admission Day at San Francisco Botanical Garden
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Francisco Botanical Garden | 1199 9th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122
Submitted by the Event Organizer
San Francisco Botanical Garden’s Free Day (2nd Tuesdays)
The San Francisco Botanical Garden is one of the most diverse gardens in the world. A unique urban oasis, the garden is a living museum within Golden Gate Park, offering 55 acres of both landscaped gardens and open spaces, and showcasing over 9,000 different kinds of plants from around the world.
One of the most beautiful spots is the Japanese-design inspired “Moon Viewing Garden,” (pictured above) located in the Mild-Temperate Climate section in the Northwest portion of the gardens. [view map]
The garden is always free for San Francisco residents, but visitors can also enjoy this treasure for free on the second Tuesday of every month, plus it’s free on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Early bird? Come by any day and get in for free from 7:30-9 am.
San Francisco Botanical Garden Free Days
- Second Tuesday of every month
- Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Day
- Free daily from 7:30–9 am
- Always free for San Francisco city and county residents (with proof of residency)
- Always free for Garden members and school groups
Regular cost: $9/adults weekdays, $12/adults weekends; $7/youth and seniors; $3/children; free/4 years and younger
Open daily, starting at 7:30 am. The garden closes one hour after last entry. Last entry changes seasonally.
Last entry: Fall & Winter
- October through early November: Last entry at 5 pm
- 1st Sunday in November through January: Last entry at 4 pm
- February through 2nd Saturday in March: Last entry at 5 pm
Last entry: Spring & Summer
- Second Sunday in March through September: Last entry at 6 pm
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.