Free Maker Faire Tix: Swap-O-Rama-Rama Call For Volunteers | San Mateo
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Mateo Event Center | 1346 Saratoga Drive San Mateo, CA 94403
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Swap-O-Rama-Rama, possibly the world’s largest clothing swap and DIY workshop meetup, needs your help at Maker Faire 2016 as they teach over 1,000 people to swap, sew, paint, weave, silk screen, stud, dye, tye dye, slash, embroider, embellish and otherwise alter clothes to create unique upcycled fashions.
Free Maker Faire tickets when you sign up to volunteer for at least two shifts with Swap-O-Rama-Rama.
As always, attendees bring unwanted, clean clothing to swap with others. But instead of one project, they’ll offer 5,000 square feet of multiple clothing upcycling projects to turn loose the creativity of over 1,000 attendees. They’ll supply sewing machines and tools, too.
2015 projects include:
- Sewing Machine Lab with 20+ machines
- Screen printing with Homeygrown
- Special project workshops taught by local designers
- Sew LED lights into clothing with the Crafty Avenger
- TrasHion Show featuring local upcycled clothing designers
- Textile Talk Lounge: presentations & demonstrations all day
- Your suggestions for more sewing/upcycling activities?
All volunteers get breakfast, lunch, coffee in the morning and all the free clothes you can carry. Sign up for at least 2 shifts, and receive free weekend pass to Maker Faire. If you share/teach a creative skill you have learned over years, like helping folks in the Sewing Machine Lab, and we’ll even provide a small travel/parking stipend.