Home » *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Fairs & Festivals, Fun & Games, Lectures & Workshops
Oakland Museum of California: Hella Big 50th Birthday Party | Free Night
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights @ OMCA – a weekly free outdoor experience with food trucks and music.
This is a great community gathering that is most vibrant during March-November when the garden and terraces are open as well as during certain weeks in the summer that turn into a big block party. Check Facebook and their website for updates as most activities are seasonal.
Friday Nights at OMCA
– 5-9 pm during Winter (typically Nov-Mar)
– 5-10 pm during Spring/Summer/Fall (typically Apr-Oct)
Oakland Museum of California, 1000 Oak St., Oakland
FREE (for food truck access and seasonal outdoor activities) – Optional Museum admission for purchase
– Always check the schedule first for updates/cancellations
- Please note, fees for special exhibitions still apply. Ages 8 & under are free
- Marketplace @ OMCA: Local makers selling handcrafted works and art
- Music, DJs, acoustic sets, and dance lessons (Seasonal)
- A rotating list of Off The Grid food trucks and featured artists
- Family fun at Friday Nights: Every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features free hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm
How to get here: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station.
Parking: Free street parking of often available. Event parking is available at the Museum Garage, with a $7 flat fee starting at 5 pm. The Museum garage closes at 10:30 pm. Directions.
Garden Access: OMCA’s garden and terraces are open and free to visitors during Friday Nights @ OMCA from March through November, with the exception of dates when the garden is rented for private events.
Updated 1/20/2020 – Event info last checked via website
Cheers to 50 years. On this day 50 years ago, the Oakland Museum of California was established as the “Museum of the People.” We’ve been learning, reflecting, creating, dancing, and bringing people together ever since. Enjoy free admission until 10 pm. Explore the Museum’s 110,000 square feet of gallery space until 10 pm, including exhibitions and activities for the whole family
Don’t miss this very special birthday bash edition of Friday Nights at OMCA. Celebrate with us as we ring in our 50th birthday in style.
Special guests and activities include:
- Kev Choice Ensemble with Jennifer Johns, Ryan Nicole, Mara Hruby, and Martin Luther McCoy
- DJ D-Sharp, official DJ of the Golden State Warriors
- Free admission to all galleries
- Oakland Youth Poet Laureate finalists performance
- Destiny Arts performance and class
- Family activities in the gardens, including button making, hula hoops, giant Jenga, temporary tattoos, and more
- Special Oakland-themed treats and giveaways
Can’t make it Friday night? Enjoy $5 admission on Saturday & Sunday (Sept. 21-22) in honor of the OMCA’s 50th birthday
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, Fairs & Festivals
, Fun & Games
, Lectures & Workshops
Address: 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607