ON HIATUS: Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market, DJs & Off the Grid | Oakland
At this time, Friday Nights at OMCA will be on hold. We miss gathering with you at our weekly block party and can’t wait for Friday Nights to resume soon! Sign up for our eNews for the latest information and updates,
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights @ OMCA – a weekly free outdoor experience with food trucks and music.
This is a great community gathering that is most vibrant during March-November when the garden and terraces are open as well as during certain weeks in the summer that turn into a big block party. Check Facebook and their website for updates as most activities are seasonal.
Friday Nights at OMCA
ON HIATUS – Most Fridays
– 5-9 pm during Winter (typically Nov-Mar)
– 5-10 pm during Spring/Summer/Fall (typically Apr-Oct)
Oakland Museum of California, 1000 Oak St., Oakland
FREE (for food truck access and seasonal outdoor activities) – Optional Museum admission for purchase
– Always check the schedule first for updates/cancellations
- Please note, fees for special exhibitions still apply. Ages 8 & under are free
- Marketplace @ OMCA: Local makers selling handcrafted works and art
- Music, DJs, acoustic sets, and dance lessons (Seasonal)
- A rotating list of Off The Grid food trucks and featured artists
- Family fun at Friday Nights: Every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features free hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm
How to get here: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station.
Parking: Free street parking of often available. Event parking is available at the Museum Garage, with a $7 flat fee starting at 5 pm. The Museum garage closes at 10:30 pm. Directions.
Garden Access: OMCA’s garden and terraces are open and free to visitors during Friday Nights @ OMCA from March through November, with the exception of dates when the garden is rented for private events.
Updated 1/20/2020 – Event info last checked via website