“Gobble Gobble Give” Feed The Homeless Thanksgiving 2019 | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Slim’s | 333 11th St San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
On Thanksgiving morning, volunteers will come together to gather dry goods, box warm food, and walk the streets of their community to hand out care packages to homeless individuals and families.
Gobble Gobble Give San Francisco
Feed The Homeless on Thanksgiving
Thursday, November 28, 2019 | 10-11:30 am
– Prep – 10am
– Distribution – 10:30 am
FREE but RSVP and bring a dish – RSVP at GobbleGobbleGive17@gmail.c
Please Bring the Following:
1. A DISH OF FOOD. Already cooked. Warm is preferred. It can be as little as a side of vegetables (corn, green beans, stuffing). We can always use cooked turkeys and main course items. Of course, desserts are always welcome too. Check facebook for the latest updates.
2. FIVE (5) SMALL TOILETRY KITS. that include a: toothbrush/toothpaste, soap and shampoo.
3. CLOTHING AND BLANKETS. Please bring any used blankets and/or gently used sweaters, jackets, shirts, socks, shoes, beanies/hats for men, women, and children.
Updated as of 11/25/19…
*Proteins – Turkey, Chicken, Ham…. OR Meat Alternatives
*Green Beans Or Green Bean Casserole
* Corn OR Creamed Corn
* Brown Paper Bags to distribute clothing
* VOLUNTEERS to help and bring food
Please let us know if you can bring any of these things: GobbleGobbleGive17@gmail.com
Volunteer in One of the Following Areas:
- Coordinate taking in of food that is being dropped off
- Bring food to the kitchen or directly to the floor where it will be divided
- Put meals together with your fellow volunteers
- Sort clothes between men, women & children
- Create toiletry kits from donation items
- Create bags filled with food, water, clothes & warm blankets
- Pass donation bags out to the homeless