The Golden Gate Park Band, presents its 140th season in Golden Gate Park’s music concourse. That’s right, this 30-piece symphony has been playing free concerts in Golden Gate Park since 1882.
The weekly concerts take place most Sundays at 1 pm, usually end between 2:30 and 2:45 pm. The concerts are free and open to the public.
All concerts take place in between the de Young and the California Academy of Sciences and feature music of specific nationalities or cultures, including costumed guest performances from dancers, singers and speakers, who will enlighten and entertain.
Brought to you by the Friends of the Golden Gate Park Band.
Golden Gate Park Band | 2022
Sundays, June 5 – September 5, 2022 | 1 pm (plus 4th of July and Labor Day)
Music Concourse, Golden Gate Park, SF
2022 Concert Schedule
Subject to change – check website for updates.
Concerts are free of charge and take place at the Spreckels Temple of Music in the Music Concourse in Golden Gate Park.
Regular Sunday concerts start at 1:00 p.m. and usually end between 2:30 and 2:45. There is no intermission.
All concerts that feature music of specific nationalities or cultures include costumed guest performers, dancers, singers, and speakers who will enlighten and entertain.
- June 5 – Opening Concert, Mark Nemoyten, Conductor
- June 11-12 – Friends of the Golden Gate Park Band Festival – 10 bands over two days, 11am to 5pm
- June 12 – Mirth & Mayhem, Mark Nemoyten, Conductor
- June 19 – An Ode to Scotland with the Dunsmuir Scottish Dancers and Celebrating Juneteenth! -Dr. Danielle Gaudry, Conductor
- June 26 – Pride Weekend Concert – Dr. Danielle Gaudry, Conductor
- July 3 – American as Apple Pie – German Gonzalez, Conductor
- MONDAY July 4 – Independence Day Celebration – German Gonzalez, Conductor
- July 10 – Music From Near and Far – Tony Clemens, Conductor
- July 17 – Program TBA – Craig McKensie , Conductor
- July 24 – TBA
- July 31 – Flotsam and Jetsam, Music with a Nautical Theme – Craig McKenzie, Conductor
- August 7 – works of Holst, Dello Joio, and much more – German Gonzalez, Conductor
- August 14 – CERT/NERF – Tony Clements, Conductor
- August 21 – Hungarian/ Saint Stephen’s Day Celebration
- August 28 – Ukranian Cultural Celebration
- Sept 4 – Big Band Jazz in the Park
- MONDAY – September 5 – Labor Day Concert – Tony Clements, Conductor
*Free, but donations are welcome.