Golden Gate Park Hike + Sunset & Bonfire on the Beach | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Golden Gate Park | 1690 John F Kennedy Dr., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Meet at the Golden Gate Park entrance Haight/Stanyan (right across the street from Whole Foods). Hike through the park exploring Lily Pond, Dahlias. Stow Lake, Strawberry Hill, the top of the de Young observatory, before proceeding to Middle Lake and Buffalo until finally we will end at the Windmills of the Great Highway and the ocean. (You can take the N-Judah back to starting point).
- Meet at Golden Gate Park (Haight/Stanyan) at 3pm
- End at Windmills and then walk to Ocean Beach around 6pm
This is a one-way hike, however, join us for a Bonfire at the Beach. There is a Safeway near by to grab a snack and then we can bring the food and drinks back to the beach for a bonfire on the beach. (If it is a spare the air day we will go to the Beach Chalet Brewery for our after.
*Note the later time change of the hike so we can see the sunset
- Recommended Clothing: As you know we will experience every microclimate possible… it’s the Golden Gate Park after all and September. It might be chilly when the sun goes down.
- Recommended Food: We won’t stop for food until the end of the hike.
- Cancellation Condition: If it rains sideways but even so we would just look for rainbows.
- Dogs Allowed: No
Categories: *Top Pick*, Outdoors, Sports & Wellness, Walks & Tours