KQED Community Conversation: Higher Education & Attainability | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Mills College | 5000 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94613
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Will first-generation students be able to enter and achieve a college diploma? These and many other issues facing students desiring a higher education degree in California are critical topics to be discussed during a two-part series hosted by the KQED Community Action Panel.
Please join in for East Bay Community Conversations: Higher Education and the California Dream: Myth or Reality.
Hear from and share your thoughts with higher education administrators, faculty, Students, and elected officials.
Introduction: Dr. Kate Karniouchina, Dean, Lokey School of Business and Public Policy, Mills College
- Dr. Elizabeth L. Hillman, President, Mills College
- Dr. Jowel Laguerre, Chancellor, Peralta Community College District
- Dr. Kimberly Mayfield. Dean of Education, Holy Names University
- Mills College Student Representative
- The Honorable Loren Taylor, District 6, Oakland City Councilman
- Janet Miller Evans, Moderator and Co-Host, Adjunct Professor, National University, KQED Community Advisory Panel
- LaNiece Jones, Co-Host, Executive Director, Peralta Colleges Foundation, KQED Community Advisory Panel
Categories: *Top Pick*, Lectures & Workshops