Labor Day Parking Rules in SF | How Not to Get a Ticket
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
If you’ve got a car in San Francisco you’re already paying a crapload in insurance, your dents have dents, you have to suffer through critical mass and people hating on you for ruining the planet.
And if that wasn’t enough… there’s the insanely complex, nearly impossible to decipher conflicting parking signs and rules.
Thankfully on labor day the city of San Francisco is going to reward you with a ticket-free day of parking on Labor Day… sort of…
Labor Day Parking Rules Overview:
- Enforced: Parking meters, posted 1-2 hour parking time limit areas and night-time Seven-Day-a-Week Street Sweeping (such as Market Street) will be enforced.
- Not Enforced: Residential Parking Permits and parking lane commute hour tow-away zones will not be enforced.
Parking Enforcement Schedule & Rules
Labor Day (Sept. 5th, 2011)
- Street Sweeping: Not enforced (M-F street sweeping that is… the few streets that have 7-day street sweeping – like Market Street – will still be enforced)
- Residential Permit Parking: Not enforced
- Commuter Towaway: Not enforced
- Yellow Curbs : Commercial loading & unloading parking zones are enforced, but there’s no tow-away. (you can still get a ticket)
- White Zone: Passenger loading zones are enforced (5 minute limit), but only while the business (and some apartment buildings) is open – if the business that paid for the zone (usually the one right in front of the white zone) is closed, it’s free parking.
(Beware… some businesses are 24 hours even though they may look closed – Our parking enforcement source recommended you find a security guard for the building and ask.)
- Parking Meters: Enforced. Yes, you have to pay your stupid meter on Labor Day.
Like all days you are allowed to park at a broken meter, but the posted time limit still applies.
- Red Zone: Enforced
- Blue Zone: Enforced (Handicap)
- Green Zone: updated – Enforced (short term parking – usually 10 mins Monday-Saturday 10am to 6pm) – Please note that we’ve received conflicting information as to whether Green Zones are enforced on Holidays that fall within Monday through Saturday – Parking Enforcement HQ told is it IS enforced, while our on-the-street meter-dude told us Green Zones are NOT enforced on holidays… so be cautious.
Categories: *Top Pick*, San FranciscoSubmitted by Johnny Funcheap