Leap’s 2022 “Creative ArtBar” Art Party (SF)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Trellis | 981 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Come eat, drink, sing, paint and drum with us!
Leap’s Creative ArtBar brings the Bay Area’s best teaching artists and creative activities to you for a famously fun night over food and drinks. Explore a variety of hands-on art stations, make art, and take home creations. There will also be a silent auction highlighting work from talented Bay Area artisans and makers.
Leap’s “Creative ArtBar” Celebration 2022
Thursday, May 12, 2022 | 6-9 PM
Trellis, 981 Mission Street, SF
Tickets $75 – includes all workshops, beer, wine, appetizers and dessert
Bonus: Funcheap readers who purchase single tickets will receive a signed piece of student artwork!
Food & Drinks
- Beer/Wine from Wooden Valley Winery, Drake’s Brewing Co., Fort Point Beer
- Heavy Appetizers from La Mediterranee
- Desserts from Mission Minis
- West African Drumming with Bongo: Alpha Oumar “Bongo” Sidibe is a traditional drummer from Conakry, Guinea in West Africa. Bongo has performed with Rhythm Village, Joan Baez, Mickey Hart, the Grateful Dead, and Black Nature from the Sierra Leone Refugee Allstars.
- Create Your Own Felt “Avatar”: Create your own avatars with the fun technique of needle felting with Syrian-American visual artist Ebla Al Hawi
- Make Your own Paper Ball Garland: Make a paper ball garland to decorate your home for any holiday or festivity with Bay Area artist Andrea Gerola
- A Collective Creation: Experience poetry, rhythm, theater, storytelling, and movement while understanding the teaching process. Led by Ras Mo Moses, an award-winning Caribbean performing and recording artist, performance poet, singer, storyteller, playwright, master-drummer, theater director, facilitator and teacher.
- Singalong With Ms. Keta – Keta Bill performs consistently and has learned a great deal of fun popular songs on piano and will lead us in singing popular songs from the 20th century. Take a songbook or request a song—let’s have some fun singing
- World Dance with Manolo – Move to the flowing rhythms of Brazil and learning some basic Samba Reggae steps to bring in high energy and big movements. Led by musician and educator, Manolo Davila
All proceeds support Leap’s programs, teaching artist wages, and art supplies. Leap brings high quality visual and performing arts and architecture education programs to 8,500 Bay Area students. Visit www.leaparts.org to learn more.