2018 “Mission to Presidio”: 3½ Mile History Hike & Food Tasting | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Mission Dolores | 3321 16th St., San Francisco, CA 94114
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The Presidio’s Park Rangers and Mission Dolores’ Ohlone friends invite you along on a day of exploring San Francisco’s cultural past. Beginning in the Mission District, hike back in time along the old mission road and learn a little history as you follow the path from Mission Dolores to the Spanish Presidio of 1776, with lots of fun along the way.
Mission: Presidio History Hike
Saturday, September 29, 2018 | 10am to 5pm
Meet at Mission Dolores (16th and Mission), SF
Free, but an RSVP is required through (415) 561-4323.
Event update – please note that the event times have changed for 2018 from 10a to 5p and no longer include dinner or campfire.
- 3 ½ mile hike from Mission Dolores to El Polin Spring in the Presidio of San Francisco. Partial shuttle bus option available half-way.
- Listen to native Ohlone and coyote stories.
- Sample delicious Ohlone snacks and elotes after the hike.
- Shuttle ride back to Mission Dolores after the program. Space limited, registration required.
- Don’t forget to bring a water bottle, lunch, comfortable shoes, and dress in layers
- 10:00-10:30am Registration check-in and preparation for a grand hike.
- 10:30am -1:00pm Mission-Presidio Hike
- 1:00pm – 2:30pm Ohlone food sampling and fun activities at El Polín, Presidio.
- 3:30pm – 3:45pm Board shuttle busses to return to Mission Dolores
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm Return trip to Mission Dolores
Join the Presidio’s Park Rangers and Mission Dolores’ Ohlone friends on a day of exploring San Francisco’s cultural past. So grab your huaraches, canteens, and rebosos–let’s move outdoors!
Beginning in the Mission District, join us for a family hike back in time along the old mission road. We will learn a little history as we follow the path from Mission Dolores to the Spanish Presidio of 1776, with lots of fun along the way.
In the spirit of the ancestors who originally made this trek, we’ll be walking the 3½ mile distance–but don’t fret! There will be a partial shuttle bus option for those whose huaraches can’t make it all the way.
At the end of our journey, we’ll arrive in the Presidio for a sampling of Ohlone, Spanish and modern culture, delicious food at El Polin Spring.