Home » *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, East Bay, Eating & Drinking, Walks & Tours
“Oakland First Fridays” Block Party
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Oakland First Fridays is an immersive art and community experience on the first Friday of each month from 5-9 pm for five huge blocks on Telegraph Avenue from West Grand to 27th Street.
Photography from @skyhighoakland via Oakland First Fridays
Oakland’s KONO district (Koreatown/Northgate) springs to life for this event, with galleries, artist collectives, street artists, local culinary artisans, performers, musicians, dancers, DJs, and poets gathering for Oakland First Friday events.
Every First Friday | 5-9pm
Telegraph Ave from West Grand to 27th St., Oakland
Oakland First Fridays is Back on October 1st 2021!
After a long time away from our beloved community, we’re back and ready for a COVID safe reunion on October 1st! First Fridays is located in Oakland along Telegraph St between West Grand and 27th St.
Helping us celebrate our re-launch at 27th Street Stage are:
- The Best Intentions (7:30pm-8:30pm) – Presenting the Original Motown Classics, Old School, and R&B sound from the 60’s. 70’s, 80’s & up.
- FLO (Funky Latin Orchestra) (6:00pm-6:45pm) – Presenting smooth & energetic sounds of the Mambo, Latin Jazz, Latin Rock, and much more!
- FARENHYTE 5150 (5:15pm-5:50pm) – A dynamic entertainment music machine offering the ultimate experience in both live, original and cover music performance!
Other Activities Include:
- Fashion Show with Mario B at 25th St. (Northgate side)
- Art Wall “Any Body Can Paint” interactive canvas painting with a theme (24th St. Broadway side)
- Turf Inc. turf dancers (24th St. on the Northgate side)
- KONO Lounge (on Sycamore & Telegraph)
- Drumming Group (23rd on the Broadway side)
- Lincoln Female College Basketball Team working the entrance gate.
- Classic Car Show at W.Grand and Telegraph Ave. in front of Moxy Hotel
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, East Bay
, Eating & Drinking
, Walks & Tours
Address: Telegraph Ave and 27th St, Oakland, CA