General Strike Against Trump | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Ronald V. Dellums Federal Building | 1301 Clay Street, Oakland, Ca
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The election of Donald Trump is dangerous for all working people, especially immigrants, people of color, women, and LGBTQI people.
A Trump administration, coupled with Republican control of the House and Senate, raises the very real possibility of:
- National “Right-to-Work” and other anti-union legislation, repeal of overtime pay for millions of workers, and an employer-friendly National Labor Relations Board, Department of Labor, and Supreme Court.
- The deportation of millions of immigrants and refugees.
- The exclusion, surveillance, profiling and incarceration of Muslims.
- Increased sexual assaults, and restrictions on women’s reproductive rights.
- The return of anti-LGBTIQ laws.
- Increased harassment, brutalization, and incarceration of Black and Brown people by the police.
- Increased intimidation and assaults on vulnerable community members by racist, sexist, homophobic, ableist, and xenophobic predators.
- The privatization of Social Security and elimination of social services that seniors and people with disabilities depend on for healthcare, housing, and survival.
- Less access to affordable housing, and increased red-tagging and closures of community spaces.
- Climate, environmental, and energy policies that would devastate the environment and do nothing to improve the lives of working people.
Solidarity and a united front of all who are threatened by the policies of the Trump administration will be needed to defend each other.
America must show Trump and his forces if they attack any, they have to deal with the many.
They call on all community members, including labor unions, school, faith and community groups, to join them in planning and mobilizing to take action against the incoming Trump administration on Inauguration Day, January 20, in Oakland.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Inauguration