Clitoral Mass: Women’s Bike Ride, Yoga & DJs | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Lake Merritt | 550 El Embarcadero, Oakland, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
In 2013, six cities including Oakland, LA, Chicago, NYC, Atlanta and Toronto will participate in a six city Clitoral Mass.
Oakland will celebrate with a pre-ride yoga session and an after-party with DJs and food.
Noon: Pre-Ride Activities
Lake Merrit Pillars (577 Grand Ave)
- Safety checks and minor repairs
- Yoga for cyclists
2 pm: Ride Start
4-7 pm: After-party
Lake Merritt Bandshell
- All female DJs (bike-powered sound system)
- Food vendors (bike-powered, woman owned)
- Kids Zone brought to you by Young Oakland and Big Tadoo Puppet Crew with face painting by Marinette Tovar
- Free valet bike parking by Binx Garage
Clitoral Mass aims to:
1. Celebrate women of all walks of life and have fun in harmony.
2. Promote women and girls’ physical, spiritual, emotional, financial and sexual wellness.
3. Bring awareness to local and national women/girls organizations. Each city will identify a local women/girls organization to bring awareness to and potentially raise funds for. Nationally, Clitoral Mass will bring awareness and pay homage to one indigenous women/girls organization.
4. Encourage hundreds of women to bike safely and confidently.
They recognize gender as being complicated and dynamic, so they want to be clear to include women, womyn, trans and queer folks, who identify along that spectrum.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Club / DJ, East Bay, Eating & Drinking, KFOG, Kids & Families, Sports & Wellness, Walks & Tours