2017 San Francisco Ping Pong Tournament Festival | Chinatown
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Chinatown | Washington and Grant, San Francisco, CA
The Mayor’s Chinatown Ping Pong Tournament is coming up again on Sunday, August 20, 2017. Mayor Lee will demonstrate his skills by playing with some of you to kick off the tournament.
Come out for a day of ping pong and family fun. Cheer on your favorite ping pong teams. For spectators, the best place to watch will likely be Old Saint Mary’s Cathedral Church where the advanced tournament is.
2017 Ping Pong Tournament
Sunday, August 20, 2017 | 8am to 3pm
FREE to Watch
> Want to Play? Teams of 5 players can register to play (it’s free) – deadline is July 21st (or whenever spots fill up)
The tournament takes place in the following locations:
- Portsmouth Square at 733 Kearny Street*
- Old Saint Mary’s Cathedral Church at 660 California Street (Advanced)
- Gordon J Lau Elementary School at 950 Clay Street between Powell and Stockton Street (Beginner)
- Willie “Woo Woo” Wong Recreation Center at Sacramento & Waverly Street (Intermediate)
- St. Mary’s School at 838 Kearny Street (Novice)*
Please note that Portsmouth Square is listed as a venue on the Ping Pong tournament website, but it was not listed in their annual email, so we’re not sure if it’s an oversight or if the venue is no longer being used.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Kids & Families, Outdoors, San Francisco, Sports & Wellness