Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Fun & Games, Kids & Families, Live Music, Outdoors, San Francisco
Presidio Picnic: Off the Grid’s Sunday Food Truck Party | SF
Submitted by the Event Organizer
San Francisco’s favorite family picnic is back for 2018. Presidio Picnic brings together the best of the Bay Area food scene with the beauty of this national park site and views of the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Held on the seven acre Main Parade Ground lawn, this weekly community event features food and drink from more than 25 local vendors, food trucks & pop-ups.
But it’s not just about the grub; visitors can enjoy an ever-changing array of free activities including yoga classes, lawn games, a Presidio photo booth, free kids bike-riding lessons from the Presidio YMCA, and nature-based arts and crafts for kids in the Presidio Adventure Zone tent.
New for 2018 is a series of monthly cultural performances.
The Presidio Trust & Off the Grid Present
Every Sunday | March 18-October 21, 2018 | 11 am to 4 pm
Main Parade Ground, The Presidio, SF
- March 18: Ohlone Costanoan Rumsen Carmel Tribe performs a traditional welcome blessing to open the season
- April 29: SF Awakkoren Dance Group performs Awa Odori, one of the most well-known Japanese traditional dances with 400 years of history
- May 27: Ballet Folklórico México Danza appears in a colorful, high-energy performance
- June 24: Alafia Dance Ensemble demonstrate the beauty of African Haitian dance
- July 22: China Dance Theatre celebrates the rich heritage of Chinese ethnic and folk dance
Food Trucks & Pop-Ups
The rotating lineup of 25 of the Bay Area’s best mobile food concepts at this year’s Presidio Picnic includes:
- Senor Sisig: A mashup of the best that Filipino food and Mexican taquerias have to offer, serving sisig-style (24-hour marinated pork shoulder) tacos, burritos and fries
- Hot Bird: Oakland-based Nashville-style fried chicken and first-timer at Presidio Picnic
- Little Green Cyclo: Vietnamese street food hits like garlic noodles and banh mi
- Del Popolo: Neapolitan-inspired pizza from a wood-fired oven featuring local, artisanal ingredients
- Slightly Skewed: Asian-style skewers and street foods influenced by the ingredients and flavors of Central and Southeast Asia
- Gyro Stop: Gourmet Mediterranean fusion concept specializing in gyro sandwiches, falafels, hummus, and dolmas
- Jackrabbit: Creative sliders, sides, and fresh baked treats made with local ingredients from Northern California’s farms and ranches
- Seoul of Taipei: Korean and Taiwanese mash-up concept serving outside-the-box rice bowls, burritos and tacos
- El Pipila: Authentic Guanajat cuisine launched through San Francisco’s culinary incubator for low income entrepreneurs, La Cocina and appearing at Presidio Picnic as a Mexican fruit stand
- Cielito Lindo: Mexican Street Kitchen: Mexican street food favorites like tacos and tortas topped with roasted steak ranchero, beef barbacoa, chicken mole and veggie estofado
- Spork and Stix: Thai and Korean fusion purveyors serving inventice rice boxes, noodle bowls and sliders
- DUM Truck: Indian soul food classics like chicken biryani, paneer kati rolls and mango lassis
- A full bar presented by Rye on the Road featuring wine, beer, spirits and craft cocktails
*Free admission, but bring money for food, drinks and some entertainment.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Eating & Drinking
, Fun & Games
, Kids & Families
, Live Music
, San Francisco
Address: 103 Montgomery Street, Main Post, Presidio, San Francisco, CA