“Art LIZ” Public Art Block Party: Buddha Board, Acroyoga & Taiko Performance | Civic Center
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Asian Art Museum | 200 Larkin Street San Francisco, CA
Join hundreds of revelers, artists, and civic leaders from City Hall for a block party to celebrate the launch of the Asian Art Museum and Main Library’s Art/Lit Living Innovation Zone (LIZ), a new work of public sculpture on the corner of Fulton and Larkin Streets adjacent to the museum.
Celebrate the launch of the latest outdoor public art installation at the corner of Larkin and Fulton.
There’ll be something for everyone:
- Hands-on Activities
- Participate in flying Acroyoga demos
- Try your hand at Taiko drumming
- Create ephemeral artwork on a giant Buddha board wall
- Dance with your favorite local blues dance instructors
- Make ribbon wands and other dance companion art with the Art Speak high school interns
- Enjoy the Summer of Love book giveaway from the SF Public Library
Food + Drinks
5-8 pm: Fill up on yummy faves from Soma StrEATS while imbibing delicious drinks from Tres Truck
- 5-6 pm – Maw Shein Win poetry reading and Taiko performance
Megan Wilson’s Flower Interruption performance
- 6:15–6:45 pm – Youth Art Exchange percussion performance
- 7–8 pm – Aireene Espiritu full band & blues dance instructors
*Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Block Party, Dance, Fun & Games, Lectures & Workshops