RAWdance Contemporary Performance & Free Snacks | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
66 Sanchez Studio | 66 Sanchez Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Come to an informal and intimate salon of contemporary dance as RAWdance presents the 14th installation of the Concept series, the ever popular showcase of contemporary dance.
SF Weekly named the Concept series the 2012 “Best Way to Sample S.F.’s Contemporary Dance Scene,” telling readers to “Just go.”
- 8 pm: Saturday, August 17, 2013
- 3 pm and 8 pm: Sunday, August 18, 2013
Admission is Pay-What-You-Can. Free coffee, popcorn, and other snacks will be provided.
The Concept series: 14 shares the choreographic voices of some of the area’s most seasoned performers.
- Fog Beast, self-described as “casual formal twisted dance theater” is the collaborative brainchild of Andrew Ward and Melecio Estrella, performers with the Joe Goode Performance Group.
- Nina Haft & Company embodies the thoughtful work of 29-year veteran choreographer, Nina Haft.
- Stranger Lover Dreamer, comprised of stage alums: Rogelio Lopez, Andrew Merrell, Elizebeth Randall, and Shaunna Vella, make it their motto to “say yes to everything” in the studio.
- Robert Dekkers brings his newest risk-taking twist on contemporary ballet with Post:Ballet.
- Claudia Anata Hubiak’s The Anata Project offers a world where the mundane holds moments of magic.
- RAWdance, taking breaks from hosting duties of delivering coffee and cookies, rounds out the program with two works-in-progress, offering excerpts of “Mine“, set to premiere in Dec. 2013, and “Turing’s Apple“, slated for July 2014.