San Francisco 4th of July Fireworks Show | 2011
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39 celebrate 2010 Independence Day with an afternoon filled live music and an evening filled with fireworks. Live music begins at the Pier 39 Entrance Plaza with soft rock from Mustache Harbor (3p-5p) and ’80s tribute party band Tainted Love (6p-9:30p) along with various street performers.
San Francisco Fireworks – Best Viewing Locations
At 9:30pm the Fourth of July Fireworks show launches from the foot of Municipal Pier and from barges north of Pier 39. If you can’t make it to Aquatic Park, other good viewing locations are all along the waterfront, Coit Tower, Aquatic Park, the Cannery, Ghirardelli Square.
Sunday, July 4, 4:00 p.m. – 9:15 p.m.
At Jefferson and Hyde Streets
– DJ Consuelo: 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
– The Unauthorized Rolling Stones: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
– The Cheeseballs: 7:45 p.m. – 9:15 p.m.
Sunday, July 4, 3:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
– 3 p.m. – 5 p.m., listen to the soft rock explosion of Mustache Harbor.
– 6 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – Your favorite 80’s hits with Tainted Love
– 9:30 p.m. – San Francisco’s fireworks show
Sunday, July 4, 11am – late
2801 Leavenworth Street, at the foot of Columbus Street, overlooking the San Francisco Bay.
– 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Face painting by Janelle the Clown
– 12 noon – 3:15 p.m.: Live Performance by Greg Lamboy
– 3:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Live Performance by Lily Holbrook
– After the Fireworks: Live Performance by 2 Zmooth
Sunday, July 4 11am to 7pm
– 1:00pm : Indie folk rock group – The Constant Tourist
– 4:30pm : Local Rhythm & Blues – Hyde Street Band
– Twistyman, Balloon Artist on the Square 4 to 7:00pm
Getting to the Fireworks: (The following information is from 2009 – We’ll update with 2010 details as soon as they are available) To get to the fireworks, you can take the Cable Car, F, 9x, 10, 30, 45, 47, 49 and shuttle buses are available from Caltrain, the Ferry Building and from Van Ness/Market. Be aware many muni lines may be rerouted due to the large crowds. [updated SF Muni 4th of July re-routing information]
Tags: 4th of july 2010, Aquatic Park, Fireworks, Fisherman's Wharf, Fourth of July 2010, Free
Categories: *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families, San Francisco