Home » *Top Pick*, In Person, Kids & Families, Movies, Outdoor Movie Night
CANCELLED DUE TO SMOKE: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk Drive-in Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Join a truly unique California beach experience with Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk Drive-In Movies from
August 21 September 4 – 26, 2020, Fridays, and Saturdays. Please note, the initial two weekends were cancelled due to impacts from the CZU Lightning Complex Fires.
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk Drive-In Movies
River Parking Lot (at the corner of Beach and 3rd Street)
Fridays and Saturdays, 8:00 pm PST (Gates open one hour before showtime.)
> Buy Tickets: $25 per vehicle.
Movie Dates • Fridays & Saturdays
Aug 21 & 22 – 8:30pm – Jumanji (2017) – Please note, these screenings have been cancelled due to impacts from the CZU Lightning Complex Fires.
Aug 28 & 29 – 8:30pm – Guardians of the Galaxy – Please note, these screenings have been cancelled due to impacts from the CZU Lightning Complex Fires.
- Sept 4 & 5 – 8pm – Aladdin (2019) – NEW Opening Weekend
- Sept 11 & 12 – 8pm – The Goonies
- Sept 18 & 19 – 8pm – 50 First Dates
- Sept 25 & 26 – 8pm – Spider Man Into the Spider‑Verse
Drive-In Details and Safety Guidelines
- Cost $25 per vehicle.
- Gates open one hour before showtime.
- Limit 120 cars. A portion of tickets will be available for pre-purchase online, the remainder will be sold at the gate.
- Parking location is first‑come‑first‑served.
- Do not enter facility if you are ill.
- Maintain 6ft distance from one another.
- When outside vehicles guests must wear a mask, face coverings are also required for drivers while at the ticket booth upon entrance.
- Moviegoers must stay in their vehicles before and during the movie unless using the restroom.
- Congregating outside of vehicles is prohibited.
- Children under age 11 must be accompanied by an adult when outside the vehicle.
- Open hatchbacks and open bed trucks are allowed, but guests must remain inside the vehicle or back of the truck. No lawn chairs outside vehicles.
- Vehicles must park in a marked parking space. Spaces are wide to allow for physical distancing.
- Please park large SUVs and trucks toward the sides or back to allow for better viewing. No buses or RVs allowed.
- No sitting on top of vehicles.
- Portable radios will not be rented; car stereos or boom box/transistor radio can be tuned to 93.3 FM to hear movie audio.
- Restrooms in the parking lot will be open.
- Pre-packaged food and beverage will be available for purchase.
- No alcohol is allowed.
- There will be no intermission during these screenings.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, In Person
, Kids & Families
, Outdoor Movie Night
Address: 400 Beach Street, Santa Cruz, CA