2018 Festival of the Sea: Music Fest & Maritime Activities | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Hyde Street Pier | Hyde Street Pier, San Francisco, CA
Experience San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park’s free Festival of the Sea.
Enjoying live, traditional music; exploring boats large and small; watching historic riggers splice and worm; and making fun, maritime crafts with your younger crew members – might be the perfect park prescription for 21st century overload.
Sign on from 10 am-5 pm, Saturday, August 18, 2018 at Hyde Street Pier.
2018 Festival of the Sea
Saturday, August 18, 2018 | 10 am to 5 pm
Hyde Street Pier
This year’s festival welcomes renowned performers from across the country, representing the natural diversity of America’s rich maritime heritage. View performers and entertainment schedule.
Festival Slate of Activities:
- 10 am-4 pm: Maritime-themed children’s activities, ropemaking, and info tables crewed by local parks, environmental and history non-profits, and the Park’s own Maritime Research Center aboard the 1890 Eureka. Photo banner near the shipwright shop. Tattoos (only temporary) and face painting in the Kingspoke store on Jefferson Street. Learn how to caulk a deck and raise/lower a dory near the stern of the 1895 schooner C.A. Thayer.
- 10:30 am-4 pm: Ongoing Forepier Stage Music
- 11 am: Sail raise aboard C.A. Thayer
- 11 am-4 pm: Ongoing Eureka Stage Music
- Noon to 2 pm: Park riggers splice, worm, and parcel line
- Noon-5:15pm: Ongoing Midpier Stage Music
- 12:30 pm-3 pm: C.A. Thayer Open House
- 1 pm: Racing in the Aquatic Park Cove Cutter J row at the Small Boat Dock
- 1 pm -3 pm: 1907 Steam Tugboat Hercules Open House
- 1 pm-4pm: 1891 Scow Schooner Alma Open House at the Small Boat Dock
- 2:30 pm: Breeches Buoy Traditional Ship-to-Shore Rescue on the Pocket Beach. Cutter J row at the Small Boat Dock
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, History, Kids & Families, Live Music, San Francisco, Theater & Performance