SF Botanical Garden ” Dry Gardening Plants” Sale (Oct. 9-10)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Francisco Botanical Garden | 1199 9th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122
Submitted by the Event Organizer
SF Botanical Garden Monthly Plant Sale (Saturday & Sunday)
Bring the Garden home! San Francisco Botanical Garden propagates and sells a multitude of different kinds of plants, many exclusive to the Garden’s Nursery.
For more than 50 years, we’ve held popular plant sales and are now pleased to offer plants for sale every day at the Arbor. Aided by enthusiastic and knowledgeable volunteers, amateur and professional gardeners alike will find premium plants and delight in finding a few rare and unusual gems along the way!
San Francisco Botanical Garden Monthly Plant Sale
Occurs on select weekends each month | 10 am to 4 pm
Plant Arbor, San Francisco Botanical Garden, 1199 9th Avenue, San Francisco
Find the right plants for your Bay Area (or beyond) microclimate with many propagated from their very own collections.
2021 Plant Sales
Plants are available for sale in the open-air Arbor next to the Garden Bookstore on the Main Gate esplanade
- June 12 -13 – Fragrant Plants – Herbs and fragrant plants used in cooking, cocktails and medicine will be offered.
- July 10 -11- Pollinator Plants – Do you want to bring the bees and butterflies to your garden?
- August 14 -15 – Containers and Hanging Plants – No garden space? Garden in miniature or by hanging plants!
- September 11-12 – Native Plants – The best time of year to plant California native plants is in the fall and a variety of perennials, succulents and shrubs will be on offer.
- October 9 -10 – Dry Gardening Plants – Blending California natives with exotics from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa can make a year-round wonderland in your garden.
Do I have to pay admission to attend the plant sale?
Plant Sales are free for everyone to attend and take place in the Entry Garden near the Main Gate and Bookstore before you enter the Garden.
Do members receive special benefits at plant sales?
Absolutely! Members get 10% off at all plant sales including at the Arbor.
See our Membership page for more info on membership benefits.
What plants are available at the sale?
A wide range of our best plants are available at each plant sale, focused around a seasonal featured theme but not limited to the seasonal feature–all plant types are well represented at each sale.
Sign up here for our monthly e-newsletter, Leaflet, for a reminder before each sale and like the Garden on Facebook for additional plant sale information. For specific questions please contact Nursery Assistant Diane Glaub.
Where do I park?
Limited free street parking is available in Golden Gate Park– please note time limit restrictions. Additional paid parking and bicycle racks are located in the Music Concourse Garage. During all plant sales, a temporary loading zone is available outside the Main Gate. See our Visit page for more info on visiting the gardens and where to park!
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*, In Person, San Francisco, Shopping & Fashion